You next mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to go through the house as fast as you can picking up things that do not belong and putting them where they do belong. If you find some things that need more organizing than just to be placed in their spot, DO NOT ATTEMPT!! Stopping to start a new organization project will only get you sidetracked from picking up sticks!!! Put the items that need some extra time in the room they belong and move on.
This is another one of those, “Quick, do it now!!!” projects!
I like to cruise through the rooms and pick up the same kind of things and then go back and do another same kind pick up. Example – Go through each room of the main living area :
- Pick up all the dirty laundry and run it to your clothes hamper
- Pick up all the dirty dishes and put them in the sink or dishwasher
- Grab the garbage can and carry it room to room and pick up all the trash
- Find a box/basket for toys and throw them all in the same box and sit it someplace inconspicuous or in your children’s toy room
- Gather all the mail and put it in one gathering spot or basket
- Pick up all newspapers and magazines and decide within 2 seconds for each one whether you keep or pitch. Keep goes into a nice pile. Pitch goes directly to your outside garbage dumpster so you can’t change your mind.