- If I want to know what’s going on with my child, it is my responsibility to ask.
- I am not “just a parent”. I am a fellow professional who is training my children during the off-hours.
- If I present myself as a fellow professional and treat school staff as such , I will work toward’s the betterment of my child’s education in a much quicker manner.
- It is a true statement, “The squeeky wheel gets the oil”.
- I am my child’s own best advocate- their teachers have 20-90 students to advocate for; I have only 3.
- If I go to the school with a complaint, I am heard much more loudly if I acknowledge the staff as capable people who may have overlooked something. They are humans, not machines.
- The cafeteria does the best they can within the parameters they are forced to work under
- There are different funds for different departments of the school. What appears as excess spending in one area and a spending freeze in another is most likely due to funds being available for one thing and not for the other. There is more than one piggy bank.
- It’s good to keep the principal in the loop.
- School staff appreciate your support, your presence, and your thanks.
God is good- all the time. . . .